Still have an abundance of squash? Wondering what to do with it all? I have the solution and it is a yummy one!
Easy Squash Bread
This squash bread is a fabulous addition to any meal and it makes a wonderful snack by itself. It can be described as something close to cornbread but without the corn of course! This means that you can top it with something sweet (like honey) and make it a desert if you’d like! Truly, this is versatile squash bread.
One of the things that makes this squash bread so amazing is that it is gluten free, egg free, dairy free, nut free, soy free, and coconut free. That makes this accessible to almost everyone!
Whether you use this easy squash bread as a faux cornbread, a nutrient dense after school snack, or a compliment to your favorite salad, it is guaranteed to satisfy!
What are you waiting for? Go make this gluten free squash bread today. Enjoy!
If you are looking for other bread recipes, you might want to try my:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add squash to a large bowl.
- Add tigernut flour, starch, baking soda, and sea salt and mix well.
- Drizzle in avocado oil and honey. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons of water. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top of the water and allow to set for one minute.
- In a heat safe cup, heat 2 tablespoons water. Pour the water into the gelatin mixture and whisk until frothy.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the squash dough and mix well.
- Pour the dough into a pie pan or shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. It is done with a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.10. Serve warm drizzled with honey.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 58 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 360mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 1g