Pumpkin and I are the dearest of friends. I can’t imagine my life without it’s sometimes sweet, sometimes savory goodness. It is absolutely a staple in my home!
I have many recipe posts already on this site that are dedicated to pumpkin goodness. Interestingly enough, I still get emails asking for my pumpkin puree recipe!
Well today I am sharing it. Welcome to my…
Easy Peasy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Puree
I think you are going to love how this turns out! It take no effort, no time, and mere pennies to create this beyond-flavorful pumpkin puree. It also makes the BEST basked goods and soups! Enjoy!
- You will need one pie pumpkin that fits in your crock pot. You can also cut one in half to make it fit.
- Poke a few holes in the pumpkin with a fork if using the pumpkin whole. If you cut it in half, skip this step.
- Place the pumpkin in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until really soft.
- Remove the pumpkin from the slow cooker (it will be very hot) and scoop out the seeds and discard or roast.
- Scoop out the pumpkin flesh and puree in a food processor, using a hand blender or regular blender until well blended.
- You can store it in the fridge for a week or cool it and freeze it in mason jars or plastic bags.