Let’s get back to our childhood roots today shall we? As part of my series dedicated to spicing things up in the romance department, we are going to create some edible body paint!
This body paint is so much fun. And YUMMY! I may or may not just make it to snack on as a treat sometimes. Ahem.
Anyhoo, this is a great way to add a little variety into the romance department. While edible massage oils and linen sprays are great, body paints can take things to a whole new level. It brings laughter and a lightness that can lead to all kinds of great places.
I know, I know…there is a bit of a “messy” element to this but remember…this is edible!
Edible Body Paint
- 3 tablespoons beeswax
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoons honey powder (do not use liquid honey!)
- ½ teaspoon flavoring extract
- Natural food coloring as needed (I just crush up a few berries to add color and flavor)
- In a medium saucepan, fill halfway with water and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add the beeswax, coconut oil, and cocoa butter to a glass jar or heat safe container.
- Carefully place jar in the hot water without letting any water splash in.
- Stir the ingredients until they are melted.
- Remove from heat and add in the honey powder. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add in the flavoring and natural food coloring if using.
- Stir until you have a beautiful and delicious body paint!
- Store in a wide-mouth mason jar for easy removal. Notes To Use – Do I really need to tell you how to use this? I think you can figure it out…