I know, I know…. what an oddball combination right? Crab and pumpkin? Together? Trust me… I knew what I was doing when I created this crustless crab and pumpkin quiche.
In breaking news, I am not a major fan of eggs. I eat them because they are good for me and of course I bake with them but I am pretty “meh” about the taste. Therefore, I have to get pretty creative with them in order to consume my goal each week.
Quiche is one of those dishes that is so versatile. You can throw a bunch of stuff in with the eggs and somehow it all comes together in a filling and nutritious main course that can be turned into leftovers for breakfast or lunch the next day.
I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post.
How Crustless Crab and Pumpkin Quiche Can To Be
I had some leftover fresh crab. I had just made some slow cooker pumpkin puree and had some chunks of leftover pumpkin. I hadn’t eaten any eggs that particular week. I had yogurt I needed to use up and a couple of sad looking zucchini’s that needed me to do something with them stat. I figured “why not.” So I threw everything together, added some cheese, and made a crustless crab and pumpkin quiche.
My family loved it and there were no leftovers. While I didn’t have any expectations as to how this crab and pumpkin quiche would turn out, the flavors ended up working together in some miraculously delicious way.
If you prefer a crusty quiche, go for it! Use a crust. No biggie.
Give this light yet satisfying crab and pumpkin quiche a whirl. You will be glad you took the plunge and I bet your family will be asking for it again!
Crustless Crab and Pumpkin Quiche
An easy to make crab and pumpkin quiche with a unique ingredient list! Don't be afraid to try this delicious combination...the flavors come together in the most palate pleasing way.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or mashed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt (you can substitute milk as well but the yogurt gives this quiche a delightful richness.)
- 1/2 crab’s meat (or use 1 can of crab)
- 1/2 – 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/4 of a roasted pie pumpkin diced
- 1/2 – 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Start by making your own favorite crust if desired. I like personally do not use a crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add in the salt, pepper, and garlic. Beat lightly for 15 seconds.
- Gently fold in the yogurt, crab and zucchini.
- If using a crust, press the crust into a pie pan or square baking dish.
- If not using a crust, grease the bottom of the pan with loads of butter.
- Scatter the pumpkin over the bottom of the pan or crust (if using).
- Pour the eggy mixture over it.
- Top it with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 350° F. You know it is done with the eggs are firm in the center.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.