I love pumpkin. Yes I do. I love pumpkin more than you!
And yes, I am in kindergarten.
It's autumn (although my neck of the woods FINALLY got the memo after welcoming October with 100 degree temperatures). Autumn means wholesome, savory foods. Autumn means nutrient dense comfort foods. Autumn means pumpkins.
While everyone is busy whipping up pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pies, pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin bread, I am enjoying my super easy Crock Pot Pumpkin Custard!
Oh yeah – I said Pumpkin Custard and Crock Pot all in the same sentence. Wheee!
I originally saw this recipe over at Health, Home, and Happiness. I knew this recipe was going to be a winner. And it was. Sort of.
Don't get me wrong. This pumpkin custard was delicious. Really delicious! But I felt like I could turn this into something more akin to pumpkin pie without the crust. A pumpkin-pie-filling-custard if you will. Because that was what my taste buds were set on. So I tinkered with the recipe and came up with something that I think tastes pretty darn close to pumpkin pie filling and more closely matches the consistency as well.
What I like best about this recipe is that you can fix it and forget about it while the crock pot does all the work! Seriously. This is one easy, easy recipe!
Some links may be affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Here is how the magic happens:
Crock Pot Pumpkin Custard
The flavors of fall...the textures and warmth that we love this time of year. Pumpkin custard is the nourishing treat you've been waiting for. This recipe is fairly allergen free and made easily in the crock pot!
- Fill a 6 quart crock pot with 1 inch of water and turn on high. Allow to pre-heat for 45 minutes.
- In a blender, puree all ingredients.
- Pour into oven/heat proof ramekins, yogurt jars, custard cups, or mason jars, filling 2/3 full. (DO NOT OVERFILL!)
- Gently set into the water, stacking the jars if needed.
- Allow to steam for 5 hours.
- Turn crock pot off.
- Serve warm or cover and store in the fridge to serve chilled.
- Keeps for about one week.