No fancy intro needed for this recipe! Basically, I took my favorite meatloaf recipe and kicked it up a notch by adding in some pumpkin. The results were AMAZING! This is a favorite recipe in the Hybrid Rasta house. We rarely have leftovers.
Enjoy this savory pumpkin meatloaf!
Oh, if you are looking for some pumpkin recipe ideas, check out all of my pumpkin recipes! There are some pretty awesome ideas there.
Ingredient links are affiliate links. Thank you for the support.
Savory Pumpkin Meatloaf
Yield 4 servings
This savory pumpkin meatloaf is a family favorite that combines the rich flavors of fall and winter with the traditional goodness of a hearty meatloaf.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced fine
- 3 stalks celery, diced fine
- 2 grated carrots, grated or diced fine
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (check out how I make it)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond meal, or other breadcrumb substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey (optional)
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil to medium high heat and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the chopped celery, carrots, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook just until done.
- Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, place the raw ground turkey/beef, eggs, and almond meal. Stir very well.
- Stir in the pumpkin.
- Add the vegetable-herb mixture and stir into the meat mixture.
- Oil or butter one large or two small loaf pans. Place the turkey mixture into the pans and spread evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the honey and mustard together to make a honey-mustard glaze. Mix well and drizzle over the meat in the pans. Spread evenly.
- Bake the meat loaf for 1 hour, 15 minutes. You will know when it is done because it will be firm in the center when you cut into it.
- Mustard and honey: Ketchup
- Carrots: 1 grated zucchini
- Almond meal: sunflower meal or any breadcrumbs