These easy to make and super delicious coconut oil chocolate nut butter cups will help you gets lots of coconut oil into your diet daily.
I’m sure you have already checked out my recipe for coconut oil chocolate chunks. Maybe you have already made a batch of your own. In any event, you might be wondering what else you can do with those bad babies of coconut oily chocolate goodness.
Why not make some incredibly delicious coconut oil chocolate nut butter cups?
This recipe is hard not to love. It comes together quickly and is adaptable in terms of the type of nut butter you choose to use. I personally love this 5 Seed Butter but Cashew butter and Sunbutter are pretty amazing in this recipe as well.
What you choose as the filling is up to you. These coconut oil chocolate nut butter cups will be delicious no matter what.
The best part? You won’t know that you are eating some super healthy coconut oil!
Why molasses? That seems like an odd ingredient in chocolate nut butter cups!
Molasses contains vital vitamins and minerals, such as iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and selenium. It is also has the lowest sugar content of any sugar product. Basically, I want these “coconut oil candies” to pack a nutritious punch.
Let’s get to this coconut oil nut butter cup recipe now shall we?
Coconut Oil Chocolate Nut Butter Cups
Yield 12 Large Cups
These easy to make, super delicious coconut oil chocolate nut butter cups will help you gets lots of coconut oil into your diet daily. They are healthy too!
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- Combine the nut butter and molasses in a bowl and stir until combined.
- In a glass bowl, combine the chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Place the glass bowl over a pot filled halfway with water. Make sure the bowl sits above and not in the water.
- Over low heat, gently melt the chocolate with the coconut oil. Stir frequently. Remove from heat when melted.
- Pour just enough of the coconut oil chocolate mixture into each cup so that the bottom is coated.
- Place the muffin tin in your freezer for 5 minutes which allows the chocolate to solidify.
- Remove from the freezer and place a spoon full of the nut butter mixture in each. Press the nut butter mixture a little so that it is even across the chocolate mixture.
- Your melted coconut oil chocolate mixture should still be melted but if not, place it back over low heat until melted again. Once melted, pour a light coating over the nut butter layer. Tilt the pan to help spread it consistently across the top of each nut butter cup. Continue this process until all the chocolate is used.
- Place the coconut oil chocolate nut butter cups in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once solidified, these should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Serving Size 1 nut butter cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
A couple of important notes about coconut oil:
- Never microwave coconut oil to melt it! Microwaves destroy all of the beneficial properties. Instead, place the desired amount of coconut oil in a glass jar or measuring cup. Place the glass in a bowl of hot water. It will melt fairly quickly.
- Coconut oil can be kept in the refrigerator during warmer months if you prefer it in a solid state.