Amazing. The end.
Ok – not the end. But really, why waste precious time reading my jibber jabber when you could go make this and have a party in your mouth!?
Before I send you off and running to the kitchen, let me just share that I was inspired to make this because I got addicted to the Trader Joes brand of pumpkin cream cheese. It has some ingredients in it that I wasn’t thrilled with but it tasted so friggin delicious that I kept buying it.
When I decided to make it I wasn’t sure how it would turn out but was pleasantly surprised to see that I actually made something quite close to my favorite autumn treat.
This is really easy to make, healthy, and tastes wonderful on just about anything! I eat it right off the spoon more often than not.
- • 2 cups (16 ounces) pumpkin puree (if using canned, 15 ounces is fine)
- • 1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese (for a dairy free alternative, substitute 1 cup of raw cashews that have been soaked overnight, drained, then pureed into raw cashew butter.)
- • 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
- • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- • 1/8 cup of honey or 1/8 cup organic, raw sugar for dip (one tablespoon of honey or sugar for a spread)*
- 1. In a food processor or with a hand mixer, mix all of the ingredients together until a creamy consistency is reached.
- 2. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- I pretty much eat this right out of the container because I am insanely addicted to pumpkin. However, you can dip just about anything into it or spread it on anything. This stuff is seriously, ridiculously good.
- *I am conservative with sweeteners because we don’t use them much. You may need to increase the amount of sweetener to suit your taste. If you are using honey it will thin out the dip/spread quite a bit. Fair warning.