Today I am pleased to share a guest post from my bloggy friend Angela of Earth Mama's World! She's awesome. If you aren't following her, you should probably pop over to her blog and see what she is up to. I think you will like her!
Here is what you need:
- 1/2 cup Raw Organic Cocoa Butter
- 1/2 cup Raw Unrefined Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup of Almond or Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E Oil
- You can also add essential oils if you would like. Just add 10-20 drops of your preferred oil (peppermint, lavender, etc…).
Here is what you do:
Place the mason jar in a medium-sized pot filled with water over medium high heat.
Occasionally remove your jar and swoosh or swirl the mixture until all of the ingredients are melted together.
Once combined remove the mason jar and carefully pour the mixture into a bowl (add essential oils now).
This is where my super secret top-secret tip comes in. You can set the bowl aside and let it cool or you can stick the bowl in the freezer or outside if it's really cold for about 10 -15 minutes, doing this not only lessons your cool time but it drastically reduces the time in which you will need to whip the mixture in order to create the butter consistency. I leave it in the freezer until it looks like this, it has a semi-solid film on the top.
Use a mixer (I use a handheld mixer with the whisk attachment) to whip for about 5-10 minutes until it is fluffy and at your desired consistency.