I live with all dudes. My hubby, my son, my dog, and even my cat. It’s a lot of stinky dudes to be cleaning up after. The worst is definitely how stinky the dudes can leave a bathroom. Do ya feel me? Then, I found this AMAZING essential oil spray that is supposed to keep those foul offensive odors from ever even leaving the toilet bowl. This spray, called Poo-Pourri does exactly what it purports to do, but who has $10 to shell out for a small 2 oz bottle of it? Not this hippy!
I Decided to Make My Own Poo-Pourri Spray
Of course, my first thought these days is “how can I make this myself to save money?” Making your own essential oil Poo-Pourri spray is as easy as 1-2-3! You just mix your essential oils and water, spray in the toilet….and umm…go. This spray is perfect to leave in the bathroom at work. Your co-workers will thank you for bringing it in and then ask you how you made it so that they can make some at home.
DIY BATHROOM POO-POURRI SPRAY
- 40 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 40 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 40 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- water to fill the bottle
- 4 oz. glass or PET plastic spray bottle (Amazon affiliate links)
- Fill the spray bottle with the essential oils, gently swirling the bottle to combine.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water and shake before use, to emulsify contents.
- BEFORE going to the bathroom, shake and then spray into the toilet boil four times. The essential oils will disperse over the water creating a protective wall of scent, preventing any foul odors from escaping.
There Are MANY Scent Options You Can Go With
You do not need to be limited by my scent option given here. You can come up with your own blends too! With the holiday season looming, you can mix spicy and woodsy scents and create a space that feels like home…without the stench!
What essential oils do I use and love? Several brands actually.
1. My hands down favorite brand is Rocky Mountain Oils (also known as Native American Nutritionals). These are seriously the BEST brand I have ever used. They are strong. And I mean strong. I have seen some amazing things happen when using this brand.
2. GEO carries a great line of essentials oils and I have always had success with their oils. They are adding new blends frequently and are definitely worth a look!
3. I am really enjoying Plant Therapy essential oils as well. They are easy on the budget as well as being a high quality oil.