Carrot. Cake. Carrot cake. Those two words combined bring me to my knees. While I do not have much of a sweet tooth, anything carrot cake related has me drooling. I could eat it morning, noon, and night. Not a problem.
Then of course there is cheesecake. Luxuriousness, tangy, rich cheesecake. While it is too filling to eat all day every day, I certainly would not have a problem enjoying it a few times a month.
So what happens when you combine carrot cake and cheesecake? Oh, I don’t know. Absolute perfection in the form of a carrot cake cheesecake! And let’s not forget the pineapple cream cheese frosting! Oh. My. Word. Swoon.
I made this carrot cake cheesecake for dessert last Easter and there was not a single crumb left.
People were licking their plates clean. And begging for more. Yes, it is that good. Even the non-carrot cake lover will fall victim to the magical spell of this dessert.
It is the perfect mix of cheesecake and carrot cake. The pineapple cream cheese frosting adds a subtle tang without a lot of sweetness. While it looks a bit daunting to make, I promise you, it is easier than it sounds. And worth it. Oh so worth it.
Let’s get to the best carrot cake cheesecake recipe shall we? Mmmm….enjoy. And never mind me as I dive into a piece myself.
- 16 ounces organic cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon almond flour or 2 teaspoons coconut flour, sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (I prefer vanilla bean paste
Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar or honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups almond or cashew flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 generous pinch of salt
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained with juice reserved (I find that this brand
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 or 9 1/2 inch springform pan. (I only use this silicone and glass version).
- Set aside.
- In the large bowl (or stand mixer bowl), beat together the cream cheese and sugar/honey until smooth.
- Beat in the flour, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
Carrot Cake Directions
- In a large bowl, combine oil, sugar/honey, eggs and teaspoon vanilla.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and pinch of salt, mixing well.
- Stir in drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups carrot cake batter over the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- Drop large tablespoonfuls of cream cheese batter over carrot cake batter.
- Top with large spoonfuls of remaining carrot cake batter.
- Repeat with remaining cream cheese batter, spreading evenly with a knife.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until cake is set and cooked through.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- When cake is cold, prepare the frosting.
- In the large bowl (or stand mixer bowl), combine the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, reserved pineapple juice, and a dash of salt.
- Beat until smooth and spreadable.
- Gently spread on top of the carrot cake cheesecake.
Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Excess moisture in the cake will result in a soggy center. My advice is to use freshly grated carrots (not the prepackaged shredded kind). After grating, squeeze out the excess moisture in a towel. In addition, let the pineapple drain in the colander for a bit then press down on it gently with a spoon to release excess moisture.
How to make a healthier powdered sugar
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 475mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 43gProtein: 12g
This nutritional information was auto-generated based on serving size, number of servings, and typical information for the ingredients listed. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Amazing right???? I told you it wouldn’t disappoint!