The long, hot days of summer are in full swing. Around my neck of the woods we are getting pummeled with heat that just does not let up. We are all sweating, a lot.
It is important to stay hydrated during the heat but sometimes drinking enough liquids gets bit boring. I’m a huge tea and Kombucha fan (affiliate link) and of course I drink water, but every so often I need to fun pick me up!
My drink of choice?
Chocolate Coconut Water
My affiliate partner Amazon carries a few brands that are on the market and they are tasty I will admit. But they have some junk ingredients in them and I just can’t justify putting that into my body. And of course there is the cost. Why spend $3.95 on 8 ounces of chocolate coconut water when you can make your own much cheaper.
This recipe is delicious, refreshing, easy to make, and you can double or triple the batch easily. Give it a try. I promise it is worth your time!
- 1. In a heat safe bowl combine cocoa, salt, and sugar/honey.
- 2. Whisk in the 1/4 cup warm water (or coconut water) until the ingredients are dissolved and the liquid is smooth.
- 3. Add the coconut water and whisk thoroughly.
- 4. Pour over ice or chill before serving.
- You can easily add more cocoa powder for a stronger flavor more sweetener if you want yours a little sweeter.