What? What’s that you say? You say you created some eggnog donut muffins and they are pretty darn nutritious?
Why yes, yes I did and I promise you are going to adore these little nuggets of yum. These sweet gluten free mini eggnog donut muffins are great for gatherings during the holiday season. They are bite-sized, easy to make in large quantities, and always a hit! So go ahead, make a few batches up and pass them around. You’ll have people begging for the recipe!
Links to ingredients are affiliate links. I thank you for supporting this free resource through any purchases.
For the Muffins:
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 2/3 cups flour (I use Tigernut Flour or Bob’s Red Mill gluten free baking mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup eggnog
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cups raw honey
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 2 mini muffin pans or 1 regular muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter, oil, honey and maple syrup until smooth. Add the eggs, beating to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture alternately with the eggnog, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pans, filling the cups nearly full. Bake the muffins for 10-12 minutes, or until they're a pale golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean. Remove muffins from the oven, and let them cool for a couple of minutes.
To make the glaze:
- Combine butter, honey, eggnog, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Dip the tops of each muffin into the glaze and let cool on a wire cooling rack until glaze sets up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 4 muffins
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 71 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 103mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 5g Protein: 1g