I’m REALLY into cooking with lavender right now! The mood struck one day and I have been creating everything from lavender coconut cake to lavender mint water. I even made lavender lamb chops. YUMMM!
Anyway, today I wanted to share a tasty little recipe for lemon lavender cookie bites. These are a little bit like what I would assume would be served at an afternoon tea party. These lemon lavender cookie bites are crispy yet spongy, thin, and darn addicting! Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Lemon Lavender Cookie Bites
Yield 24 cookies
These gluten free/grainfree/dairyfree lemon lavender cookie bites are a little bit like what I would assume would be served at an afternoon tea party. They are crispy yet spongy, thin, and darn addicting! Don't say I didn't warn you!
- 1 cup almond flour (this one is yummy)
- 1/4 cup of sifted coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- 2 drops lavender essential oil or 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- Zest from one medium lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder together into a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs for 3 minutes with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the raw honey, coconut oil and vanilla. Combine well.
- Gently stir in the lavender, lemon juice, and zest.
- Gradually fold in the dry ingredients then mix until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon batter onto cookie sheet and flatten it out to the size of a half dollar.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Check. Cookies should be spongy when done. If you need to bake them longer, check every 2 minutes.
- Cool before serving.