I’m REALLY into cooking with lavender right now! The mood struck one day and I have been creating everything from lavender coconut cake to lavender mint water. I even made lavender lamb chops. YUMMM!
Anyway, today I wanted to share a tasty little recipe for lemon lavender cookie bites. These are a little bit like what I would assume would be served at an afternoon tea party. These lemon lavender cookie bites are crispy yet spongy, thin, and darn addicting! Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- 1 cup almond flour (this one is yummy)
- 1/4 cup of sifted coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- 2 drops food grade lavender essential oil or 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- Zest from one medium lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder together into a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs for 3 minutes with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the raw honey, coconut oil and vanilla. Combine well.
- Gently stir in the lavender, lemon juice, and zest.
- Gradually fold in the dry ingredients then mix until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon batter onto cookie sheet and flatten it out to the size of a half dollar.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Check. Cookies should be spongy when done. If you need to bake them longer, check every 2 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
This nutritional information was auto-generated based on serving size, number of servings, and typical information for the ingredients listed. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, please calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients and amounts used, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.