Headaches stink. Period. I have yet to meet someone who jumps for joy when their head starts pounding.
I'm not prone to headaches but when I get one, I feel like the world is coming to an end. Basically I am a big ol' baby about it.
As a lover of all things natural health related, I prefer not to dull the pain with over-the-counter remedies. However, until recently, I hadn't found a natural remedy that did the trick.
It took quite a bit of experimenting but I finally created an herbal tincture that offered me some pretty amazing headache relief. And so today, I pass my recipe along to you! Give it and try and let me know how it works.
Headache-Be-Gone Herbal Tincture
- 2/3 cup dried chamomile flowers
- 2/3 cup dried yarrow flowers
- 2/3 cup dried peppermint leaf
- 2/3 cup dried catnip herb
- 100 proof vodka
- Put all herbs in 1 quart mason glass jar
- Pour 80-100 proof vodka over herbs, filling jar
- Let steep at least two weeks, but preferably 2 months, shaking daily.
- Store in cool, dark place.
- After 2 weeks-2 months, strain liquid through cheesecloth and store in glass dropper bottles for easy use. Store in a cool, dark place and it will last indefinitely.
- Use 8-10 drops for persons over age 2 whenever ill.