Oh eggnog. How I love thee! I especially love the for breakfast. There is just something so wonderful about starting the day with the rich flavors of eggnog. Let's not forget how nourishing it is for the body as well.
The key to cooking and baking with eggnog is, drum roll please, the eggnog. Good thing I shared three incredible recipes for eggnog. You'll want to try one or two or all three. Once you determine which version is your favorite, give this eggnog oatmeal recipe a try. I am pretty sure you will be hooked!
Yield 1 serving
A nourishing, seasonal eggnog oatmeal that comes together in minutes.
- In a pot over low heat combine oats, water, eggnog, and half of a banana. Let warm on low heat for five minutes. Turn up to medium and stir regularly.
- Add honey, several healthy grates of nutmeg, vanilla and walnuts/almonds.
- Keep stirring until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and put in a bowl.
- Top with a bit more nutmeg.
- Serve hot!