Chocolate isn’t my main jam when it comes to cake. I’m sort of a Funfetti cupcake freak. But I won’t turn down a really moist gluten free chocolate cake. Cupcakes more specifically.
I rarely make chocolate anything if you can believe that. But sometimes, sometimes I NEED chocolate. And. I. Need. Cake. And I need it in 20 minutes or less.
I actually have a really yummy quinoa chocolate cake recipe on my site. It is amazing and one of my most popular recipes but I don’t always have quinoa on hand.
These days, I don’t have a lot of time to mess around once a craving hit. But in the interest of creating a super easy, super yummy, gluten free chocolate cake with minimal ingredients, I labored in the kitchen for several days. Not kidding.
This 5 ingredient chocolate cake is EVERYTHING!
It is moist. It is light. It is fluffy. It is chocolatey. It is protein packed so you don’t have to feel guilty about indulging. Even if you ate the entire cake (or all the cupcakes) you can rest easy knowing you just feed your body some really solid nutrition.
This 5 ingredients chocolate cake is…wait for it…
- Gluten Free
- Grain Free
- Soy Free
- Nut Free
- Dairy Free
- Coconut Free
- Refined Sugar Free
So go ahead…make this today and eat it up! You are gonna love this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, and honey in that order. You don’t need anything fancy. A bowl and a wooden spoon works fine.
- Add the baking powder and mix for a minute.
- Pour the batter into a small cake pan, those small Pyrex round containers, or cupcake tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. It will be hard to tell visually if these are done. Use a toothpick to check the center for doneness. And for gosh sakes, do not let them burn!
We enjoy this chocolate goodness in its virgin state. However, it would be really good with some fresh whipped cream, a dollop of coconut cream, some crushed berries, or even a smearing of nut or seed butter. Really, the topping possibilities here are endless.
Fair warning – once you try one bite, you WILL eat the entire cake. In one day. Don’t ask me how I know this.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g