I love me some chocolate cake. Cupcakes more specifically. However, I rarely make chocolate anything due to my dietary limitations. But sometimes, sometimes I NEED chocolate. And. I. Need. Cake.
I actually have a really yummy quinoa chocolate cake recipe on my site. It is amazing however, it is not grain free. And so, I had to start from scratch to come up with something I could indulge in.
Tinkering around with an allergy friendly chocolate cake recipe that was quick and easy proved more difficult than I expected. However, the end result was worth it all.
This 5 ingredient chocolate cake is EVERYTHING!
It is moist. It is light. It is fluffy. It is chocolatey. It is protein packed so you don’t have to feel guilty about indulging. Even if you ate the entire cake (or all the cupcakes) you can rest easy knowing you just feed your body some really solid nutrition.
So go ahead…make this today and eat it up!
You are gonna love this recipe! Some links are affiliate links.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, and honey in that order. You don’t need anything fancy. A bowl and a wooden spoon works fine.
- Add the baking powder and mix for a minute.
- Pour the batter into a small cake pan, those small Pyrex round containers, or cupcake tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. It will be hard to tell visually if these are done. Use a toothpick to check the center for doneness. And for gosh sakes, do not let them burn!
We enjoy this chocolate goodness in its virgin state. However, it would be really good with some fresh whipped cream, a dollop of coconut cream, some crushed berries, or even a smearing of nut or seed butter. Really, the topping possibilities here are endless.
Fair warning – once you try one bite, you WILL eat the entire cake. In one day. Don’t ask me how I know this.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 69 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 112mg Sodium: 116mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 5g