I love me some chocolate cake. Cupcakes more specifically. However, I rarely make chocolate anything due to my dietary limitations. But sometimes, sometimes I NEED chocolate. And. I. Need. Cake.
You are gonna love this recipe! Some links are affiliate links.
Easiest, Tastiest 5-Ingredient Chocolate Cake! Gluten, Grain, and Dairy Free
This recipe is ridiculously easy. Tiny even knows how to make it now. It takes mere seconds to throw together and only 20 minutes to bake. I kid you not. And the best part? This cake tastes like some uber complicated recipe that you spend hours and hours on. This cake is moist, flavorful, and….wait for it…HEALTHY!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, and honey in that order. You don’t need anything fancy. A bowl and a wooden spoon works fine.
- Add the baking powder and mix for a minute.
- Pour the batter into a small cake pan, those small Pyrex round containers, or cupcake tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. It will be hard to tell visually if these are done. Use a toothpick to check the center for doneness. And for gosh sakes, do not let them burn!
We enjoy this chocolate goodness in its virgin state. However, it would be really good with some fresh whipped cream, a dollop of coconut cream, some crushed berries, or even a smearing of nut or seed butter. Really, the topping possibilities here are endless.
Fair warning – once you try one bite, you WILL eat the entire cake. In one day. Don’t ask me how I know this.