I have noticed an unfortunate trend in some of the blog comments related to my posts about the line of products. It seems as though a lot of people have given up on using the Morrocco Method hair care system because they did not like the results. Common complaints were, “my hair is so greasy,” “my hair looks gross,” “it is too complicated,” and “I gave up because the adjustment period is taking too long.”
I get it. Believe it or not I had a few moments on my hair care journey where I wanted to give up on Morrocco Method as well. Specifically, when I moved to Arizona and was introduced to the hard water here I absolutely wanted to ditch Morrocco Method. My goodness….my hair was a horrific disaster. The good news is that I powered through this and shared my tips on hair care with hard water here.
What if hard water is not the issue and your hair is truly at the point that you just don’t want to continue with the Morrocco Method shampoos? If you will just hang in there a little longer, I have a few tips that I think will really help your hair get back on track. Don’t worry – I am NOT going to suggest that you give it more time or start from ground zero. Instead, I am going to offer up suggestions on how you can still get the benefits of the Morrocco Method line of products without there being a “gross” mess on top of your head.
7 Ways Morrocco Method Products Can Be Used To Give You Healthy Hair
1. Half ditch the Morrocco Method line of shampoos. Yep – you read that right. Stop using them like you were. By all means if a product isn’t working, you used it correctly and gave it a sufficient amount of “adjustment” time, then stop using it. No reason to raise your stress level because of greasy hair right? So what should you do instead? Try a hybrid approach to washing your hair. Use a 100% natural shampoo you know works for your hair and follow the washing protocol outlined by Morrocco Method. (Basically it involves washing your hair twice). Then, the next day you shampoo your hair, use one of the Morrocco Method shampoos for the first washing and then follow with your favorite shampoo for the second washing. Go back and forth with this method. I have tried this myself and it worked quite well. You still get the benefits of the MM shampoo but without the grease. It is imperative though that you are using a 100% natural shampoo. If you don’t you will extend the detox process. Each time hair is stripped with anything that is not 100% natural, the detox process will begin again.
2. Not sure about tip #1? Ok – I get it. No biggie. Wash with your trusted shampoo but use one of the Morrocco Method conditioners. This is also a wonderful way to get the benefits of their hair care system without the shampoo. While I highly recommend tip #1, I think that this makes for a great alternative. I have actually suggested it to a few people and the feedback has been great!
Prefer to totally steer clear of both the shampoo and conditioners? Sure thing! Here are more ways Morrocco Method products can still help you have amazingly health hair.
3. Once a month or more if you like, detox your hair and scalp with the incredible Zen Detox Hair and Scalp Therapy. This stuff is crazy good and I use it religiously. It really is bizarre how much crud builds up in our system and comes out through our scalp. Using this will definitely help the overall health of your hair and scalp without creating “icky” hair.
4. Throw on some Volcanic Powder Dry Shampoo before bed once or twice a week. Volcanic Powder Dry Shampoo combines the finest clays, minerals and botanicals from around the world to provide deep cleansing to the roots and follicles. Its unique formulation dynamically assists in reversing chemical damage caused by synthetic shampoos, giving hair a natural glow without dusty residue. A thin layer of volcanic powder coats the strands, protecting against smog, sun and wind damage. Even if you are using pretty natural shampoo, this stuff will take things to a new level.
5. Brush your hair! Yep – seems ridiculously easy right? There is more to it than just grabbing a brush and running it through your hair. Morrocco Method has a superior line of boar bristle brushes and an effective method of brushing. You can learn more in the post where I discuss the proper way to brush your hair.
6. Perfect for all hair types, Morrocco Method’s restoring Elixirs work to normalize sebaceous glands while promoting scalp and hair reconstruction, revitalization and rejuvenation. This product isn’t something you necessarily use long term however, if you are using synthetic shampoos you would benefit from using the Elixirs every three months or so.
7. Every 6-8 weeks, do a Henna treatment with Morrocco Method’s Neutral Henna. It will bring out the natural brilliance of your hair color by conditioning deeply and treating the hair follicle. The neutral henna is also a fantastic curl elongater for people looking for more definition and length. There is NO COLOR being added and safe to use on all hair types.
So there you have it – 7 ways to still use some of Morrocco Method’s great products while avoiding “blah” hair. I hope those of you who gave up on MM will give them another chance by incorporating one or more of my suggestions.