Remember that awesome family-owned company I raved about last month? The one with all the incredible hemp products? The Good Seed? Ring a bell?
If you recall, I mentioned a little something about sharing some recipes that I created with their products! Not a mama who goes back on her word, I will share two tasty recipes this month using hemp products from The Good Seed. The only drawback – I will only post one at a time! You have to wait another week for the second one!
Nut Butter Protein Breakfast Cookies
- • 1 cup nut butter (I looooove this brand
- • 1 large egg
- • 1 egg white
- • 2 tablespoons applesauce
- • 1/4 cup hemp protein powder (this is the one that I liked)
- • 1 cup gluten free oats (or regular if you do not have a sensitivity) - this brand is also GMO free
- • 1 cup organic sugar (you can try subbing honey but I personally wasn’t thrilled with the result – it was not the right texture)
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free of course)
- • 1/4 cup raisins, cranberries, or another tasty add-in
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Line a cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine the nut butter, eggs, and applesauce. Mix until smooth. (I like to use a stand mixer and hand blender due to the nut butter).
- 4. In a second bowl, combine the hemp protein powder, oats, sugar, and baking powder. Mix well.
- 5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stopping to mix often.
- 6. Once everything is incorporated, add in the raisins, cranberries, or other add-in you selected.
- 7. Rub some coconut oil on your hands to prevent sticking then roll the cookie dough into balls about the size of a half dollar.
- 8. Press the center of each cookie lightly with a fork to get that criss-cross look.
- 9. Bake 10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly soft in the center but crispy on the outside.
- 10. Let the cookies cool then EAT. ALL. THE. COOKIES!