I'm back with the latest installment of “what I did with all the goodies Udi's keeps generously sending me!”
In this month's box, I got to try something that had not crossed my path yet. Udi's Cherry Granola Clusters. They looked absolutely amazing through the little window in the package and I immediately saw cookie potential with it!
Tiny has become somewhat addicted to Granola as a late morning snack. She had only had my homemade pumpkin granola until Udi's started lavishing their granola on us. Now she gets pretty agitated if we are running low.
When she saw this month's box of goodies arrive, she was pretty bummed when at first glance, there was no granola included. Lots of bread, our favorite harvest muffins, some tortillas, those addicting little brownie bites (that I may or may not hide from everyone) but no granola. However, after we unpacked everything, we hit the holy grail! The granola clusters were hiding and Tiny went wild.
It took some convincing but I told her that I thought it would be worth our while to turn the granola into some cookies. (In an effort to wean her off granola, I thought creating a nutrient dense granola cookie might do the trick). And so….
Cherry Coconut Granola Cluster Cookies
We spent the morning messing around with ingredients and finally came up with a really yummy recipe for these granola cluster cookies! After a few ingredient misfires (dates and raisins weren't cutting it), we finally discovered that cherry and coconut were just what the baker ordered.
These cookies taste delicious warm. I prefer them that way myself. However, Tiny preferred to gobble them up after they cooled. These granola cluster cookies make a great snack on the go and are of course delicious dipped in milk!
I think you all will enjoy it! Please note that some links might be affiliate links.
Cherry Coconut Granola Cluster Cookie
Yield 24 cookies
Crispy outside, moist inside, wrapped in cherry granola goodness! Gluten free too!
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour (I love this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup raw honey or more to taste (I think the cherries in the granola sweeten it up enough)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil or one stick of butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of Udi’s Cherry Walnut Granola Clusters
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, optional but amazing
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.Beat together the honey, vanilla, and oil/butter with a mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture until mixed.
- Add the granola and coconut and mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips if using and mix.
- Scoop spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit on the baking tray for 3 minute before moving them to the baking rack to cool.
- EAT. ALL. THE. COOKIES!
Thank you Udi's for sending my blood sugar into a tailspin. It was TOTALLY worth it!
(Just kidding. My blood sugar was fine. I was PMSing when I ate all the cookies and that magically negates any ill effects on blood sugar.)
And no – I did not really eat all the cookies. I let Tiny have one bite of one cookie. Maybe. 😉