I’d like to think that I was a decent first time mother. Already natural minded, I gave my daughter a mostly chemical free start in life. I had researched the heck out of everything and very quickly learned that conventional baby shampoo, baby soap, and baby lotion were chalk full of nasty ingredients that could actually do a lot of harm in the long run.
I choose what I considered to be a very gentle, natural baby shampoo with a short list of simple ingredients. Since I only washed my daughter’s hair once a week or so in those early months, that bottle lasted me almost a year. Of course when I went to purchase a new bottle, the line had been discontinued.
I began researching other brands of safe, natural baby and toddler shampoos but just could not find one that met my tight list of qualifications. Exasperated, I began formulating my own shampoo for my daughter. I came up with a shampoo bar and while it worked well, I didn’t love making it.
Fast forward another year and I learned about the Morrocco Method line of products (one of my most favorite affiliates too). I was overjoyed at the ingredient list and immediately ordered all five shampoos plus the conditioners. Once I tried it on my hair I knew this was exactly what I would be using on my now 3 year old daughter. (You can learn more about Morrocco Method and my experience with them in these posts).
While the Morocco Method shampoos were wonderful and worked great on my daughter, I wouldn’t have used them on an infant or toddler. Their shampoo line is amazing and works like a dream but honestly would be a bit too concentrated for a child under 3.
Is there really such a thing as the best natural baby shampoo on earth?
I often pondered that. Why should parents have to settle for a baby shampoo that is gentle but still has questionable ingredients? For years I wondered why Morrocco Method didn’t create a line specifically formulated for babies and toddlers. And then they did…
Sea Essence Baby Shampoo and Heavenly Essence Baby Shampoo are the newest members of the Morrocco Method product line. Doubling as a body wash, I wish this was around about 8 years ago. I would have been all over that in a heartbeat! But alas, it came too late for me. Perhaps it has come just in time for you!
What makes the Morocco Method baby shampoos the best natural baby shampoo on earth?
There are a boat load of reasons and I could write multiple posts on the topic however, I am going to share my top 6 reasons why I love and would use this shampoo on any baby or toddler.
1. The ingredient list is as natural as you can get.
- Aqua (Water), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Seed Extract, Acetic Acid (Raw Apple Cider Vinegar), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Montmorillonite,Xanthan Gum, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Flax) Seed Oil , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly Pear) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (White Willow) Bark Extract, Tocotrienols (Vitamin E), Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil, Maris Sal (Celtic Sea Salt), Jatropha Dioica (Dragonsblood) Powder. Amazing right? All natural, all raw, all organic. You won’t find anything that comes close to this stellar ingredient list.
2. Both baby shampoos are incredibly gentle and nourishing.
- They sooth sensitive skin and can help combat cradle cap.
3. The baby shampoos double as a body wash!
- They cleanse, nourish, sooth, protect, and condition that delicate baby skin.
4. A little goes a long way and one bottle will last a very long time.
- Like the rest of the Morrocco Method line of products, both baby shampoos are concentrated meaning you only need to add about one teaspoon to a 1/4 cup of water. This is more than enough to wash your wee one’s hair and body with. Only using one product that will last a long time equals a money saving opportunity for you.
5. You are starting your child’s hair and scalp out on the right path.
- Conventional products build up in the follicle and scalp which means that the hair and scalp will eventually need to go through a major detox. When you start your child’s life out with the Morocco Method baby shampoo line, you don’t need to worry about chemicals that will need to be detoxed out. Your child will grow up having an exceptionally healthy scalp which means amazingly healthy hair.
6. Your purchase of these products supports a truly incredible company.
- I honestly cannot find another hair care line that is this pure, works this well, and is staffed with compassionate human beings that want the best for you and the planet you live on.
Use coupon code RASTA15 and get 15% off your entire purchase. If I were you I would take advantage of this awesomeness. Your baby and/or toddler will have a healthier scalp and glowing skin for it!