This post is sponsored by Farm Fresh To You and as such, I have been provided with a produce box worth $50 as well as additional compensation. All content below is written by me and is 100% my own. I only share products that I personally use and love. I am also a part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network.
Years ago I decided that despite my best efforts, I couldn’t “do it all.” I was a new mother who had placed some very unreasonable expectations on herself and I needed to find a way to lighten the load just a bit.
I made list after list trying to figure out what sucked up the most of my time (besides my newborn baby who understandably was a time suck). I was shocked to discover that grocery shopping was actually causing me the most grief.
Since I cook from scratch about 90% of the time, grocery shopping was a multi-weekly occurrence. But it didn’t have to be. You see, the only reason I was going to the store 3 times per week was to get fresh produce. Since I only needed to go grocery shopping for other items once per week, the produce shopping was sucking up an additional 2 hours per week. This was precious time for me!
I decided to look into alternatives. I needed some sort of locally grown, organic delivery service that would allow me to pick and choose what I wanted. I searched high and low and found a few options but the one that stuck out the most was Farm Fresh To You.
Farm Fresh To You is a second-generation family farm that grows and partners with other organic farms to deliver fresh, seasonal produce directly to your door. Their easy to use online service provides an ever-increasing selection of fresh, seasonal, organic fruits and vegetables. Over the years they have also expanded their line up to include other groceries like olive oil, organic eggs, dried fruits, nuts, and fresh flowers. (Please note, Farm Fresh To You is only available in select zip codes in California. Find out if they deliver to you at: http://www.farmfreshtoyou.com/check_our_delivery_area.)
I was excited to see if Farm Fresh To You was the answer I was looking for when it came to saving time and money at the grocery store. When my first produce box arrived, I knew I had made a great choice! That is why when Farm Fresh To You reached out to bloggers to help spread the word about their weekly delivery service, I jumped on board!
I would like to share a few reasons why I personally love, use, and recommend Farm Fresh To You.
- The quality of the produce is consistently great. I have always been impressed with the contents of the boxes I have received. And if an item is sub par, they are happy to issue a credit for that item.
- My delivery is always on time and arrives unharmed. They do a great job at packing the boxes so your watermelon isn’t smashing your avocados.
- They are eco-friendly, doing what they can to eliminate waste and promote reusable packaging.
- The selection of produce and other grocery items is incredible! And year after year more items are added to the lineup. I can’t begin to tell you how much they have expanded in the past 5 years. Their growth has been amazing and along the way they have never compromised on quality.
- I love being able to customize my box. There are a lot of other great CSA boxes in my area but you can’t customize them. For our family, customization is important since we are dealing with a lot of food sensitivities.
- You get a lot of bang for your buck. The prices are competitive and most of the time lower than organics at a grocery store or even a farmer’s market. Honestly, I spend less by getting the weekly produce delivery than I was going to the grocery store three times per week. First, I don’t get distracted at the grocery store and end up with a basket full of impulse purchases. Second, I waste a lot less when relying on the produce box. I don’t know why, but it is more difficult to let something that fresh go to waste than it is something I picked up from the grocery store.
- Their customer service is outstanding! Whenever I have had any issue at all, they good folks at FFTU always have been helpful, understanding, and quick to offer a solution.
- Farm Fresh To You is more than just a produce delivery service. They have a lot of fun events out on their main farm in the Capay Valley. We went to an end of season tomato picking festival. It was a blast and we ate our weight in free cherry tomatoes that day!
- The company itself is transparent, ethical, and worth supporting. You can trust that they are sourcing produce exactly as they claim to with no funny business or deception.
- Last but not least – they have a donate-a-box program. I love this. I always prefer to support a company that gives back.
Remember how I mentioned that I got a box of free goodies in exchange for sharing my experiences with you? Well let’s just talk about that box shall we. Here is a little look at everything I received.
Amazing right? All that for under $50! Trust me – there is a lot there.
Have a quick look at the box customization screen so you can see how it all came together for me. If you are a price comparer, this allows you to see how the prices at FFTU stack up against your local store or farmer’s market.
So what did I do with all that luscious produce?
I ate it of course. I even shared a wee bit with our house rabbit. I also used it to make:
- Peanut Butter and Bok Choy Salad
- Tropical Twist Kale Chips
- Maple Bacon Waffles With Cinnamon Apple Topping
- Apple Pie Kombucha
- Vegetable Alfredo
- Fresh Pressed Juices
A couple of other fun things I did were:
- Froze grapes and used them as “ice cubes” to flavor water. It is a great way to get kids drinking more water as well.
- Make cauliflower rice.
- Make ants on a log for snack using the delicious celery.
My most favorite creation from this week’s box was a simple yet sophisticated twist on the classic caprese salad.
As you can see from the image, I layered thick heirloom tomato slices with fresh mozzarella cheese. I topped it with fresh basil and drizzled it with a blend of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian spices. It is ridiculously easy to throw together and it looks like something from a 5 star restaurant! This is always a hit at potlucks, holiday gatherings, and special dinners.
Farm Fresh To You will always be an organic produce delivery service that I rely on. Hey – I don’t mess with perfection.
If you are interested in giving them a try, I just happen to know of a way for you to get a $25 credit to your account. It’s all thanks to their Refer-A-Friend program. So use THIS CODE —-JENN6511 and claim your credit!
Where else can you find Farm Fresh To You?
Those awesome photos of the contents of our produce box were taken by my dear friend Emily at Recipes To Nourish. She is the most amazing photographer!