Here at the Hippy House I am in full swing of holiday gift making. Last year was my first year really making homemade gifts for all of my family members and friends and I had the best time doing it. For this year I sat down to come up with a whole host of new DIY gifts and knew that at least one of those posts would have to be for you guys here on Hybrid Rasta Mama.
My favorite time of year is fall and winter JUST for all the pumpkin pie recipes. I LOVE getting to add that wonderful pumpkin pie scent to everything I do, so when I thought about a unique sugar scrub that I hadn't written about yet, pumpkin pie was the first thing that came to mind. It didn't take me long to devise a pumpkin pie sugar scrub recipe that turned out to be simply devine, once I tried it for myself in the shower. Compared to many of the other sugar scrubs that I have made, this one rinses clean a lot easier.
WARNING – Sugar scrubs have oils in them and when used can make an already slippery bath tub even more slippery. Please use caution when using my pumpkin pie sugar scrub!
Sugar is always better than salt
Sugar scrubs are one of the best ways to revitalize your skin all over your body. Sugar is a natural humectant, helping to hydrate your skin and to hold moisture in. Sugar is also a natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid that penetrates the skin and breaks down the “glue” that bonds skin cells, encouraging cell turnover and generating fresher, younger-looking skin. Glycolic acid is typically used to treat sun-damaged and aging skin as well.
Pumpkin is extremely nutritious for the skin
Pumpkin itself is extremely high in Vitamin A and E as well as Vitamin C . Pumpkins phytonutrients, minerals, enzymes, and vitamins infuse the skin with important elements that bring about cellular rejuvenation and strengthen weakened skin structures. This is especially important for aging or damaged skin, which does not renew itself as effectively as young skin.
Links to ingredients are through my affiliate partner Amazon. Thank you for the support!
Pumpkin Pie Sugar Scrub
This easy to make pumpkin pie sugar scrub not only smells delicious & feels luxurious but it is amazing for your skin! A batch is easy to make so try some today!
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp. pumpkin powder
- 1/2 cup almond oil (this can be replaced with any carrier oil you have on hand or even a mixture of several carrier oils as I like to do.)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp. clove powder
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
OPTIONAL ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND (this is the essential oil blend that I use in my Pumpkin Pie Sugar Scrub in my Etsy Shoppe BUT you don't need it if you don't have the oils. This will still have an extremely delicious scent when it is activated with water and scrubbed onto the body.)
- 5 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- 10 drops clove essential oil
- 3 drops ginger essential oil
- 3 drops cardamom essential oil
- 5 drops nutmeg essential oil
- 5 drops vanilla absolute
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until the oil is fully mixed into the powders. Transfer to desired container. This recipe makes enough to fit in an 8 oz. jar.
- When using, use dry hands to scoop out a small amount of sugar scrub mixing with a splash of water. Exfoliate your body by rubbing the sugar scrub over your skin to smooth and soften the skin.
What essential oils do I use and love? Several brands actually.
- My hands down favorite brand is Rocky Mountain Oils (also known as Native American Nutritionals). These are seriously the BEST brand I have ever used. They are strong. And I mean strong. I have seen some amazing things happen when using this brand.
- GEO carries a great line of essentials oils and I have always had success with their oils. They are adding new blends frequently and are definitely worth a look!
- I am really enjoying Plant Therapy essential oils as well. They are easy on the budget as well as being a high quality oil.