I'm a real foodie which of course is no huge secret! As such, you won't find me purchasing any sort of premade or canned soup! The ingredient list is too jammed packed with things I prefer to avoid!
However, there are times when I run out of my frozen homemade soup stash and would love to have something in the pantry to grab and prepare!
Recently, I poured over my soup recipes but didn't see any that I felt would translate well into a preassembled “jar” format. But then, it hit me! My curried chicken and lentil soup could actually be adapted to become a soup mix in a jar! I messed around with it for a few days and finally came up with a jar recipe that requires virtually no effort to prepare and is incredible nourishing!
This particular curried lentil soup in-a-jar recipe can also be quite beautiful once arranged.
You can get really creative with the layering of the ingredients to create some gorgeous patterns! Oh, did I mention how tasty this is????
Please note that ingredient links are affiliate links. Thank you for the support!
Curried Lentil Soup-In-A-Jar
Yield 8 servings
This curried lentil soup in a jar makes a fabulous gift! You can also simply make it to have an easy soup base on hand. Gluten free and delicious, you will love this soup mix.
- This is where you can get creative! Layer the ingredients any way you so choose. My only suggestion it to put the cut apple slices as the very top layer.
- Remember, this recipe makes 2 jars worth so divide the ingredients in half before you begin layering.
- The jars will store at room temperature up to 1 month. If you exclude the dried apple, they will last much longer!
Instructions for Cooking:
- Place lentil soup mix in 3-quart saucepan with 7 cups water or homemade broth.
- Heat to boiling on high.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Typically I would suggest soaking the lentils for 24 hours but for a jar recipe, this is one real food rule I am willing to break in a pinch.