You know that moment when you are scrolling through your Pinterest feed and you see the most amazing recipe on earth and you need to make it RIGHT NOW? Or maybe you open your email and find the weekly newsletter from your favorite blogger and it has THE recipe you have been hoping someone would create staring up at you from the screen. The thrill, the excitement…
The letdown. The letdown because you realize that your little $19.99 blender won’t be able to tackle the job at hand. Sure, it can wiz up a smoothie and maybe it can puree a few foods for you but asking it to turn nuts into butter, turn any vegetable into juice, well, that is simply beyond its basic capabilities. After all, it’s not a Blendtec or anything like that.
*Quick reminder that product links in this post are affiliate links.*
I’ve been there too many times to count. In fact, I had an entire section in my recipe binder and in a Pinterest folder labeled “save for when you have the boss of all blenders.” Seriously. I really did.
I don't want to be that blogger. The one that posts recipes that you all can't make because you don't have the fancy gadget. While a Blendtec would make this recipe a tad bit easier to throw together, any blender will work. So grab those blenders and lets make…
The Best Gluten Free & Grain Free Waffle Recipe On Earth!
I never make waffles because well, I don’t really know why. I guess it was laziness really. I needed a bowl, some sort of mixing device… Silly right? Pancakes require the same amount of effort and I make them all the time. So what gives with the waffles?
I decided it was high time to tinker around with a gluten free and grain free waffle recipe. And so I did. The result?
This is a super nourishing and healthy grain free waffle that even the junkiest of junk food lovers will enjoy!
They are just-crunchy-enough on the outside and not-too-soft on the inside. Truly a nice balance.
How about I share that grain free waffle recipe? Would you like to surprise your loved ones with some “can I have thirds” goodness? Here you go!
The Best Gluten Free & Grain Free Waffle Recipe On Earth
Yield 5 servings
An incredibly versatile, nourishing coconut flour based grain free waffle recipe that is crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.
- 12 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil - melted
- 3/4 cup coconut flour - sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup fair trade chocolate chips (less is more in my book but some people love their chocolate)
- Add the eggs (crack them first please) to the Blendtec Wildside Jar along with the vanilla bean paste/vanilla extract.
- Pulse on low until the eggs of just slightly frothy. This took about 6 seconds.
- Add the melted butter/oil and pulse for 5 seconds.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and blend on the lowest speed for about 15-20 seconds.
- Add 1/3 cup of milk and salt if using and blend on the lowest speed for 10 seconds.
- Allow batter to sit for two minutes. After two minutes, check the consistency. It should be thick but still able to drip off a spoon. If it is too thick, add a splash of milk and pulse again. Continue until you have the right consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse for 5 seconds. You want them to mix in but not get pulverized.
- Follow your waffle iron’s instructions from that point forward.
- This recipe makes about 5 “regular” size waffles. They are VERY filling and I can only eat two quarters of a waffle.
- Feel free to omit the chocolate chips. I load mine with berries a lot.
- Top the waffle with just about anything! Freshly whipped cream is always my favorite.