I’m not much of a cookie person. Sure, I eat them sometimes, mostly because I am always trying out new recipes. My weakness falls on the dough. Specifically pumpkin cookie dough.
I could eat pumpkin cookie dough all day.
And night. I love the stuff.
There is something so inherently naughty about eating cookie dough. It of course stems from my mother warning me that I would die from eating the raw egg in the dough. Ahem – I’m still here so apparently that was a bunch of nonsense to keep me out of the cookie dough. Such a shame. Imagine all the dough I could have eaten over the years.
I also have a pretty deep love affair with pumpkin. I eat it all year. Seasonal my foot! Pumpkin should be served all year round.
One night I was doing my usual routine of not sleeping because I couldn’t shut off my brain. (Ever experienced that? Brain won’t shut up syndrome? Yeah – me too. It stinks.) I got to thinking about pumpkin. And cookie dough.
Pumpkin cookie dough.
WHY HAD I NEVER MADE THIS?!
Yes, I had made pumpkin cookies and eaten the dough but I had never intentionally made raw pumpkin cookie dough balls. Mmmmm….my imagination ran wild as I envisioned chocolate chips making their way like little ants into each pumpkiny ball of doughy goodness.
I barely slept that night. Because naturally, I could not wait to make pumpkin cookie dough balls!
I nailed it on the first try. Feel free to tinker with the spices and sweetness to your own sensibilities but for me and my wee one, everything about the way the flavors melded together was perfect. Irresistible. So irresistible I made two more batches in the same day.
I then looked like I was pregnant with a food baby. A glorious pumpkin cookie dough ball baby.
Enough chatter. Go make these bad babies. You’ll thank me.
Allergen Free Pumpkin Cookie Dough Balls
Yield 12 cookie dough balls
The protein packed pumpkin cookie dough balls will satisfy those seasonal cravings year round!
- 1 cup tigernut flour (you can purchase it directly from their website or on Amazon)
- 4 tablespoons collagen hydrosolate
- 4 tablespoons sunbutter (this is a very tasty brand)
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree (check out how I make it)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 tablespoons water or hemp milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (this is my favorite brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chocolate chips (love this brand)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients except chocolate chips until a dough forms. If your dough is too firm, add in a little additional water or hemp milk. You could add more pumpkin if you like. If it is too runny, add in a wee bit more tigernut flour.
- Stir in as many chocolate chips as you can handle. Alternatively, you could use carob chips or if you like to keep things on the less chocolatey side, you could try adding in raisins. Those pair well with pumpkin.
- Form into small dough balls. Or large dough balls. The size of your balls really doesn’t matter. (Sorry – I HAD to).
- Eat ALL the cookie dough balls.
Links to ingredients are through my affiliate partner Amazon.