Valentine’s Day is really one of the most overrated holidays in my opinion. I mean, while it is fine and dandy to celebrate love, why not just live it everyday? Show people you care about them through your actions, words, and intentions.
Blah blah….I know. Don’t worry – not raining on your love parades. Instead, I’m sharing a recipe that is going to knock your socks off. And maybe more than that. Which could be a good thing right?
Back to the recipe.
Strawberry and Spinach Dip….
The flavors in this creation are lovely! While this is a savory dip, it is also very mild with all the flavors working with each other. Nothing overpowers another flavor. You don’t have to love spinach to like this dip either. It isn’t super spinachy tasting. (Is that a word? Well, it is now!)
Serve this dip on top of or alongside of your favorite crackers, hard bread, flatbread, pita-type chips or the like. Or for those avoiding grains, it can be eaten alone or even used as a topping on a simple grilled chicken.
- 6 ounces cream cheese (homemade if possible)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (I have used goat cheese before and it was quite good)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I like to use this brand myself)
- 1/4 cup organic leaks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach, chopped
- 1 cup fresh organic strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cup casserole dish with coconut oil or butter. Set aside.
- Add the ingredients in a large bowl and toss until combined.
- Gently transfer the mixture to a prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 25 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned on top.
- Remove and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1/2 the batch
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 331 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 458mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 10g