We don‘t do a lot of meatless meals in our home. At least not for dinner. Tiny and Rasta Daddy are big time carnivores and I eat quite a bit of meat simply because it is what my body flourishes with.
Sometimes our budget needs a little stretching and I use these times to throw together a couple of meatless meals. We all happen to love Alfredo around here and my super simple Alfredo recipe always hits the spot!
You can easily serve this over your favorite pasta or rice. It also makes a great topping for baked potatoes as well!
I, however, love to serve it over cauliflower and broccoli “rice.” Shred the cauliflower in a food processor. Alternatively, you can dice the cauliflower into small cubes (it's just not exactly the same as when it's more finely minced). For broccoli rice, I just pull off the florets from the stalk and put it through my food processor. To cook, place some coconut oil in a frying pan, heat it up over medium, add the cauliflower or broccoli rice and sauté until the liquid is released from the veggies. Pour off the liquid and sauté in a dry pan for a couple more minutes. Top with the hot Alfredo sauce!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- 2/3 cup freshly grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- Sea salt to taste
- Melt butter and coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Give it a few stirs with a wooden spoon.
- Add garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the cream and stir until well mixed.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and salt is using.
- Stir until all the cheese is melted and the sauce thickens slightly. You do not want it to overcook or brown so really keep an eye on it!