These past two weeks have resulted in some really amazing posts! Everyone must be energized and invigorated with the New Year! As promised, I am linking my favorite posts from the past two weeks. There are oodles more that I would love to share but I know you all have lives and personal obligations. Therefore, I recognize that you cannot sit and read my links all day! Enjoy what I am sharing and remember, you can read all this and more on my Pinterest page. And here we go…
1. PhD in Parenting had a rather brilliant look at toddler discipline. I love the 3 R’s – Repetition, Reaction, and Reassurance. This is a really great read.
2. Did you know that edible mushrooms are nature’s most researched anti-cancer agent? Yeah, me neither!
3. From trapping slugs and snails to loosening rusty bolts, here are 14 little known uses for beer around the house.
4. Aha Parenting takes a look at how we mamas nurture ourselves while nurturing our children. Pretty important to do this but we all fall short I know.
5. We all know that dads take a little while to figure out how to, well, be dads! Here are 10 things dads can do to be a part of their baby’s lives.
6. The Gypsy Mama makes me cry a lot. Good tears of course but seriously, I sniffle when I read her posts. She just has a way with words! Go read her post about rediscovering her mom. Then call your mom. And sniff your children’s hair. Rub their cheek. And sigh.
7. Being or Becoming from Essential Parenting is one of those posts you need to print out and keep on your person. It is really that brilliant. I actually caught myself holding my breath throughout it, lest I get distracted and miss something.
8. Amy from Anktangle speaks some serious truth in her post On Mommy Guilt and Carpe Diem. Amen sista!
9. Did you know that children are in constant need of attachment and proximity to those whom they are primarily attached. It is the default setting for children. Go check out Bringing Our Children To Rest to get a better understanding. This post actually opened my eyes quite a bit.
10. I have a nasty habit of mentally being in the future even if I am physically in the now. This post is really insightful as to how to live in the now.
11. Mommypotamus wrote a two part series on breastfeeding, addressing the issue of how in ONE generation, we lost our communal wisdom about HOW to breastfeed! This is a really insightful read so click on over to read part one which talks about the basics of why it is so darn difficult to successfully establish a breastfeeding relationship. Then check out part 2 if you are concerned about your baby possibly having a tongue tie. The tongue tie post was by far the most informative one I have ever read and really wish it was available when I was diagnosing Tiny.
12. The Right Way to Parent from Positive-Parenting is FANTASTIC! Make that FAN-FLIPPING-TASTIC! Need a place to start and not sure how to be the parent you want to be? Well, here are a few basics laid out simply and in a way that does not make you feel like an awful parent for not having successfully made the transition to conscious parenting.
13. Still struggling to establish rhythm in your home? Well, Carrie at The Parenting Passageway has written the go-to post about how to get past all of your excuses when it comes to creating a rhythm for your family. A must read in my book!
14. And last but definitely not least (actually, I saved the best for last), a post written by the always phenomenal Keith of the blog African American Dad. Injustice: It’s Still Here is a short but deep read, one that hopefully will get you thinking about Martin Luther King’s vision, his sacrifices, and the mess we have here today.
Happy Sunday to you all! Hope you enjoyed the Surf!
I’m joining Authentic Parenting and Hobo Mama for Sunday Surf. Share your best reading of the week, and link up your post at either blog!
For more great reading, visit Hobo Mama or Authentic Parenting for the latest Sunday Surf and linky.