Sounds crazy right? Pumpkin mustard? With beer?
You don't HAVE to use beer. You could use a hard pumpkin cider. It works out quite well. I use a gluten free pumpkin beer myself and it always turns out divine.
This mustard isn't exactly child-friendly. I mean, a little dip or two shouldn't be a cause for concern but don't let them eat the entire batch. There could be some issues.
Anyway – this makes a REALLY fun condiment at parties. I happen to love it with french fries. It also is wonderful on a turkey sandwich. But really, there are a lot of ways to use this.
Go ahead and live a little! Make some Pumpkin Beer Mustard today! (Just be sure to come back here and let me know how you used it!)
Some links might be affiliate links. I really do appreciate your support!
- • 1/2 cup yellow mustard seed (I just discovered this brand and love it!
- • 3/4 cup pumpkin beer or pumpkin cider of your choice
- • 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar (I use this brand)
- • Pinch of black pepper
- • Pinch of sea salt
- • Pinch of cinnamon (this one is fantastic!)
- • Pinch of nutmeg (this is a great nutmeg)
- • In a medium bowl, mix together mustard seed, pumpkin beer, and apple cider vinegar. Put in fridge for about 2 hours (or up to 2 days) to marinate.
- • Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process until the mustard seeds are ground and the mixture thickens.
- • Put the bowl back in the fridge until you're ready to use it. If you let it sit for a day or two, the flavors will begin to mellow.