Last month I was thrilled to bring you a giveaway from Tropical Traditions. They generously offered one reader a 32 ounce jar of their Gold Label Coconut Oil. 80 of you entered. One of you won. 79 of you were pretty sad.
Guess what? Tropical Traditions, being the stellar company that they are, is offering one of you the chance to win…wait for it… a ONE GALLON BUCKET OF GOLD LABEL COCONUT OIL! That is worth over $100. Yes, I am shouting from the rooftops about this. You have no idea what a great opportunity this is. Wait – yes you do.
I have already raved about Tropical Traditions. You know that they are my go-to coconut oil source. You know that I live and breathe by coconut oil and you know that I pretty much sleep with my bucket of Tropical Traditions coconut oil under my pillow at night.
In case you forgot, here are a few reasons why I am such a fan of Tropical Tradition’s products:
- They offer one of the highest quality coconut oils available.
- They have a strong commitment to family farming and organic standards.
- They stand firmly against genetically modified foods.
- They research and find out where the products are produced, and how they are produced. If they do not meet their standards then Tropical Traditions will work with the producers to enhance the quality of their product.
- They adhere to fair trade practices.
- Their customer service is fantastic!
- The founder of the company is ridiculously nice, extremely devoted to his company and customers, and goes out of his way to make personal contact.
- They carry all kinds of other wonderful products. You can find me purchasing olive oil, organic raw honey, coconut hair oil, toothpaste, and more.
- You can order Tropical Traditions in Canada and in Europe!
Today I would like to share a little bit more about Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. This information can be found on their Gold Label Coconut Oil Page but I feel that it is important share here as well.
Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is a truly unrefined coconut oil. This coconut oil is made on Mt. Banahaw and surrounding areas from organic coconuts. Coconuts are used fresh (within 24-48 hours of harvest) from small family farms on Mt. Banahaw and other rural places in Quezon Province, the coconut capital of the Philippines. Only the highest quality coconuts are hand-picked from each harvest. The volcanic soil of Mt. Banahaw makes these organic coconuts some of the most nutritionally rich coconuts in the world! Testing done in independent laboratories on coconut oil antioxidants reveals higher levels of phenolic antioxidants than other coconut oils. The fresh coconut meat is shredded (wet milled), and then cold-pressed using the water from inside the coconuts to make coconut milk. The milk is then allowed to sit for about half a day, while the oil naturally separates from the heavier water. The oil is then filtered from the curds (coconut solids). No chemical or high-heat treatment is used, and this oil contains no trans fatty acids.
Tropical Traditions DOES NOT mass produce this oil. It is made by families who are coconut farmers using old-fashioned traditional methods that have been used in the Philippines for hundreds of years. Their coconut trees and family producers are certified organic according to strict USDA standards. The families who produce the oil are also trained according to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards and re-certified each year. This high-grade Virgin Coconut Oil has a long shelf life due to the high antioxidant properties.
Want to learn more? I think that it is very important for anyone interested in coconut oil to watch this short video: “How We Discovered Virgin Coconut Oil – An Interview with Brian Shilhavy, CEO Tropical Traditions”. It will really help you understand more about this amazing product.
Ok, ok – onto this amazing giveaway! Tropical Traditions is generously giving away a 1 gallon bucket of their Gold Label Coconut Oil!
All you have to do to enter is to visit the Tropical Traditions Website and tell me what other products might interest you. After that, check out my Coconut Health page and let me know what topic(s) YOU would like me to write more about that I have not already tackled. Then, leave a comment on this post (be sure to include your email if it is not linked to your profile)!
But wait! There are MORE ways to win! AND – I am going to sweeten the pot a little! I am throwing in a copy of my new Ebook chalk full of personal care recipes using Coconut Oil!
Extra Entries are SUPER EASY. Leave a second comment with the numbers of the corresponding entries. So if you did them all you would simply say “I did #s 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, 9. Easy, easy peasy! I will do the heavy lifting at the end of the giveaway.
Here are all the extra entry options. If you are already doing these, cool. If not, have at it!
- Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter (where you will stay up to date on sales like free shipping!)
- Like Tropical Traditions on Facebook
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter
- Subscribe to Hybrid Rasta Mama via RSS and/or email
- Like Hybrid Rasta Mama on Facebook
- Follow Hybrid Rasta Mama on Twitter
- Follow Hybrid Rasta Mama on Pinterest
- Follow Hybrid Rasta Mama on Networked Blogs
- Let me know what product you are most interested in learning to make from my Ebook!
This giveaway opens today, April 4, 2012 and closes April 9, 2012 at 11:59pm PST. Winner will be selected via random.org. I will email you and you will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is selected.
If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.