I have many recipe posts already on this site that are dedicated to pumpkin goodness. Interestingly enough, I still get emails asking for my pumpkin puree recipe!
Well today I am sharing it. Welcome to my…
Easy Peasy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Puree
I think you are going to love how this turns out!
- You will need one pie pumpkin that fits in your crock pot. You can also cut one in half to make it fit.
- 1. Poke a few holes in the pumpkin with a fork if using the pumpkin whole. If you cut it in half, skip this step.
- 2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until really soft.
- 3. Remove the pumpkin from the slow cooker (it will be very hot) and scoop out the seeds and discard or roast.
- 4. Scoop out the pumpkin flesh and puree in a food processor, using a hand blender or regular blender until well blended.
- 5. You can store it in the fridge for a week or cool it and freeze it in mason jars or plastic bags.